Free tips on playing the guitar.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

End of the Road to King of the Blues

I didn't make it.... I played well and I was pretty sure that I was going to make it since there was only one other guy that I thought sounded good. The judges were going to choose two players, so I thought it was going to be me and this older guy. Instead, they picked the older guy and this younger guy who didn't have too much chops but somewhat of a good feel. His technique wasn't there at all but I guess they liked his facial expressions and his "stage presence". I should've prepared some ketchup and puked it out for show. I was pretty pissed off, so I didn't ask the judges about the scores or what not but it sure was very disappointing and embarrassing. I would've been ok with it if I thought the players who got picked were better than me, but life goes on...

5 Comments:

Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

Thanks for very insightful comment. I guess I put too much effort into the music aspect of it and not enough on the entertainment aspect of it. I went out and bought myself a leopard skin tight spandex for next year. Happy notefarming!

3/22/2006 1:39 PM

 
Blogger Guitar_Geek said...

Dude, you should've done the Pete Townsend "windmill" and end it with the Yngwie/Richie Blackmore pose with the hand raised high, pointing to the heavens!! It's alright, just look for another competition where they're offering a Mercedes as the grand prize instead.

3/22/2006 8:08 PM

 
Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

I'm gonna get me some wireless system and ballet dancing shoes along with that spandex to learn some spin moves!

3/22/2006 8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or wear the school boys shorts like Angus Young..... spandex aint good for your balls

anyway, you ARE the KING OF BLUES in my book, man

3/24/2006 11:04 PM

 
Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

Thanks for your kind words. Too bad you weren't judging...

3/24/2006 11:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home