Free tips on playing the guitar.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

D Major Scales

Four examples of how you can take a solo over Em to A chord progression using D major scale. Em and A can be ii and V chords in the key of D major. Mistakes are left in there just for fun!

Rhythm Guitar Only


Take 1


Take 2


Take 3


Take 4


This is D pentatonic major scale. It has the same shape as the 1st diagram of G pentatonic minor scale but it starts on 7th fret and the root is on different place.



Add two notes (F# & G), and it turns into D major scale. Not D "pentatonic major" scale, but D "major" scale.

4 Comments:

Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

Thanks. I've got to practice more.

3/17/2006 7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just what I have been looking for. I have been spending so much time trying to improve my metal techniques that I have neglected my improvisational skills.

It's strange, I remember I used to be ok at adlibbing, but somewhere along the line I really lost it.

I can see this site is going to have lots of stuff to keep me busy.

3/17/2006 7:29 PM

 
Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

Stop by often!

3/17/2006 7:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean add a G and A C# not an F# ?

11/15/2010 10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home