Free tips on playing the guitar.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

NAMM Show 2006 Day 4

I got a parking ticket yesterday for parking in a permit only area. Today, I wanted make sure that I park in the parking lot. You pay $9.00 and they make you walk so far...

Are we there yet?

You mean we have to walk to way over there?

He looks like a woman, but this guy is one of the best drummers that I've ever heard in my life. He was just trying out this drum set at this booth and the crowd started gathering because he was just rocking out so hard.

Logic Pro 7 software demo at the Apple booth.

Yes! The Gibson booth is finally open to general public.

























Semi-hollow body guitars from Gibson. I don't know about that blue one...


Fancy looking Les Paul and the B.B. King model.


Gibson acoustic guitars.


I am a bigger fan of their electric guitars but these sure are nice too.


I certainly won't be complaining if somebody gave it to me as a gift.
























One of my dream guitars, ES-335.
























There it is! The Jimi Hendrix inspired Flying V!


























That is such a cool poster. I want one of those.

Another shot of the V.























Peter Frampton model on the left and John Sykes model on the right.

People checking out Gibson acoustics. I was disappointed with the size of the showroom, but it sure was packed with good stuff. I've been seeing Gibson TV commercials lately and maybe they spent too much money in that ad and didn't have enough to get a bigger showroom at this year's NAMM.


It was very cool to see that TV ad though. When is the last time you saw a TV commercial for any musical instruments?


More Les Paul's and SG's.


Moving on to the Yamaha guitar booth. I didn't take too many pictures here on Thursday, so here you go.

A nice looking Yamaha Pacifica.




A couple of Yamaha AES series.



Yamaha bass guitars.

























Our speed finger metal dude at the Aria guitar booth brought me back to the 80's with his shredding licks with no apologies.

Girls at the Coffin Cases booth. You should see some of their ads in music industry mags.


This guy was the best bass player at the NAMM this year. I don't remember what booth he was playing at but he had some serious chops and grooves.


My beloved Eddie trying to make more money with this pedal from Dunlop. I wanted to try it to see if it is really better than the regular phaser, but this guy just kept trying out the pedals, so I left.
























This guitar player at the Kustom guitar amp booth was playing bass lines, chords and melody at the same time. Scary stuff.


D'Angelico guitar demo guy was extremely smooth. Country and jazzy feel tunes played very well. Made me stop and listen.


Pro Tools demo person.

Gibson bus parked outside.


See you next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

It brings tears to my eyes to know that there is somebody out there responding to this... Rock on!

1/26/2006 9:32 PM

 
Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

Cool website you've got there. Thanks for your comment!

3/06/2006 9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home