Free tips on playing the guitar.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

NAMM Show 2006 Day 3



Here we go with the 3rd day of NAMM 2006. I couldn't make it yesterday...









It's a nice day out in Southern California as you can see.









G. System guitar effects pedal from T.C. Electronic. I wanted to try it but all the demos were taken... Maybe tomorrow.




Cartoon finish Peavey guitar.












Leather finish Peavey Guitar.












Buckethead signing autographs at the Peavey booth. That's Bootsy Collins looking back in green outfit.



Jack Daniel's guitars from Peavey.



















I'm back at the PRS booth.


















One more PRS.

















Former Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti signing away at the PRS booth.









Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue signing away at the Ovation booth.









Slayer guitarist Kerry King at some guitar string booth.










Nuno Bettencourt at the Dean Markley booth. I guess all the stars come out on Saturday.





Canadian guitar maker Larrivee.













Adrian Blew.













Stepping out for some fresh air.














John Lennon Songwirting Contest bus.













Smokers getting some FRESH air.










approaching the Yamaha showrooms.












One of Yamaha's showrooms. This one was boring.










Yamaha Alto Sax.


















String instruments.














Brass.













Yamaha Silent strings.













Sharp looking Yamaha digital piano.













Huge grand piano.












That's enough for Yamaha. It seems like they always have pretty much the same stuff and setup year after year. Yet they are so successful, so it's working for them I guess...


Godin guitars.













Some dude showing off.













Nice looking grand piano.













Back at the Fender showroom.













I came back here just to take this picture.










Benedetto jazz guitars at the Fender showroom.


















This guy was jamming away.











John Mayer with hot girl friend of his.












Gibson didn't open its showroom to non-dealers until 5:00pm. They told me that it'll be open all day tomorrow, so I'll just come back...




What's Kiefer Sutherland doing at the NAMM show?










New Jimi Hendrix inspired Gibson guitar. I wonder if the actual instrument is inside the showroom.







Line 6 guitars and amps. Their showroom only had a few things on display.









Canvas guitar.


















Billy Sheehan at a booth I don't remember.












Joe Satriani at the Ibanez booth.











Dave Mustaine of Megadeth.












Interesting looking acoustic bass.


















Some funky looking guitars.











Look, a double neck acoustic guitar. Wait a minute...


















How are you supposed to play this?
















Moollon guitar pedals. I guess they like silver.

















Roland showroom. They usually have famous musicians performing in concerts.

I've never heard of this guy, but he sure knew what he was doing. I looked at the performance schedule but I didn't recognize any names...

Demo guy in the Boss pedal showroom answering questions.

People trying out Boss effect pedals. I spent some time hooked up to the headphones myself.

So this is the world's finest piano? Yeah, right...

So many pianos, no customers.

Demo guy at the Digitech booth.

That's George Benson on the right!

Rain Song guitars.

I think they are made of some special fiber material instead of wood. I don't know what difference it makes in sound. I didn't bother to try it out.
























Hi there, bunny!
























Here is an ugly guitar that would break really easily.

My first guitar ever was a Giannini. I still have it. It needs to get fixed since the neck is coming off from the body. I love that guitar for its sentimental value.

Babicz acoustic guitars. Notice how the strings go way past the bridge. I should've tried it out but I didn't...


I forgot the name of this brand, but I know the Ventures use these. I think it's got a hip shape.
























And off course, there the Neck Socks. That's right. The Neck Socks!
























I know you! You're that "Red Head Step Child"!!
























This guy's name tag actually said, Elvis.

I can't believe that someone had the guts to do this. That is so wrong!


I don't think I took any pictures of violins yet. So, here it is. Enjoy it.
























These are guitar strings. Yeah, give me a set of pink guitar strings!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Retired Rock Star Wannabe said...

I did take a picture of the V-Accordion on day one. I think you have to be over 55 to qualify to play that thing.

That's what I smelled at that booth...

1/29/2006 1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home